Welcome to eStar. The new home for Mercedes-Benz Vans and Trucks in the North-West of England and North Wales. It's our mission to provide an exceptional experience for the region's commercial vehicle community, driven by our customer's needs and inspired by the latest vehicle technology.
We currently have over 300 colleagues, located across 4 dealerships. Our locations include Deeside, Stoke-on-Trent, Trafford Park, and most recently, Knowsley, our brand new, state-of-the-art facility.
With the introduction of a new Board of Directors, who bring a wealth of industry experience, as well as a commitment to the wellbeing and development of our people - you really couldn’t pick a better time to join. Our business is built on transparent communication, and when you join, you will immediately notice the friendly, customer-dedicated environment.
We strongly believe in developing our team, which is why invest in the future of our people - providing relevant training and development opportunities, so you can exceed in your role and further expand your skills. The team here at eStar are advocates for the Mercedes-Benz brand and always strive to provide the highest level of service, so we can build fantastic relationships and continually exceed our customers’ expectations.
We value our employees – and provide:
- Rewards and benefits
- Superb working conditions
- Career progression
- Branded uniform for customer-facing staff
- Free onsite parking
- Regular internal communications
- Wellbeing check-ins
- Company pension contribution
We currently have an opportunity for a qualified, professional and competent Technician to join our team at our Mercedes-Benz dealership located in Trafford Park!
The key purpose of this role is to:
- Act as an expert for all service work and defined assembly and work of the utmost quality and efficiency, and accordingly promotes the brand image with respect to reliability and economy.
- Defined retrofitting of accessories and preservation work.
- Support the Systems Technicians in more extensive repair jobs on the overall system.
- Performance of all services according to the manufacturer's instructions and according to the schedule/Service processor
- All visual inspections, adjustment operations, adjustments, operating fluid changes and additions, replacement of worn equipment (e.g. brake linings)
- Knowledge of deviations and extraordinary wear occurrences and initiation of order expansions/feedback to customers
- Resetting of the maintenance system
- Cleaning and care of the customer vehicle
- Repair Work
- Self-reliant performance of simple repairs of worn parts (e.g. replacement of mufflers, outside mirrors, tyres and balancing, etc.)
- Performance of defined, but also more extensive, assembly work and repair operations in cooperation with and/or under the supervision of systems technicians (e.g. major assembly replacement, suspension strut placement, etc.)
- Retrofitting and start-up of accessories and detachable body components
Job Type / Category
This is a full-time permanent position, working in our modern workshop with excellent facilities.
- Your normal working hours will be 7am-7pm, on a 4 on 4 off shift pattern
- 23 paid day’s holiday per year, plus bank holidays
Required Education, Skills and Qualifications
- Prior experience in a similar role, in a similar industry is desired
- Full City & Guilds qualifications required - certified technician in an automotive service field.
- UK Driving Licence
- HGV Licence (desired)
The successful applicant will have the below characteristics:
Analyses and synthesises a wide range of information in order to draw conclusions or make decisions.
Focuses on the needs of the customer in the execution of the role and works to deliver customer satisfaction.
Disciplined Work Approach
Tackles tasks in a structured systematic manner, ensuring completion to plan and to quality standards.
Prompts and responds to different ways of working in the face of changing situations.
Contributes positively to a team in order to achieve common business objectives.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £19.00 per hour
- Additional leave
- Company pension
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Referral programme
- 4 on 4 off
- Driving Licence (required)
- Level 3 City and Guilds qualification (required)
- HGV Licence (preferred)
Work Location: In person
Interested? Simply complete your details and upload your CV through the form below.