Mercedes-Benz Service Advisor
We currently have an opportunity for a qualified, professional and competent Service Advisor to join our team at our Mercedes-Benz Truck dealership located in Deeside!
The key purpose of this role is
- Taking receipt of vehicles advising customers in person or by telephone, making initial diagnoses, writing a orders for repair work, monitoring the repair process, taking receipt of repaired vehicles and handing them over to customers.
- Actively selling after-sales services in a customer-oriented manner. Ensuring the workshop is working to full capacity by effectively scheduling customer orders.
- Mediating between the parts warehouse, workshop and customers as well as Sales and Accounts.
- To receive customers and their vehicles in a friendly and professional manner, discuss and confirm their requirements and take responsibility for the customers vehicles whilst in our possession
- To acknowledge all customers, even when attending to another on the telephone or working on PC.
- To ensure that requested work is completed on time and to the expected standards.
- To utilise Kerridge to produce job cards showing clear and accurate instructions.
- To supervise an efficient booking and use of courtesy vehicles including appropriate documentation.
- To ensure records are maintained (including M.O.T. Date, Reg Date next service if appropriate) and that name and address of customers are correct on Kerridge.
- To ensure an effective departmental customer job progress is adhered to, completion time, cost and further work required and advise them on technical issues where appropriate.
- To plan and organise workshop loading to ensure adequate daily work flow and to liaise with the Workshop Controller.
- To progress all vehicles, in particular collection and deliveries, loan cars and customers waiting.
- To promote the Company’s services and facilities to customers to maximise the level of business. Wherever possible to promote additional services to customers i.e. M.O.T. / R&M Contracts etc.
- To ensure an effective vehicle handover is adhered to, including invoice explanation and any future repairs that may be required. Ensure that the customer is advised of Service Follow up call.
- To ensure compliance with Health and Safety Policy and ISO requirements.
- To maintain a high standard of personal appearance and environment housekeeping.
- To invoice work when appropriate.
- To supervise the Service Advisor team, ensuring shortfalls in daily requirements or objectives are identified.
- Identify training and development requirements to ensure the highest possible level of performance is achieved.
- To ensure the requested repair work is complete on time and/or customers are updated of progress.
Job Type / Category
This is a full-time permanent position, working in our modern workshop with excellent facilities.
- You will work an alternating shift week pattern.
Week 1 Monday - Friday 07:00 - 15:30, and working 1 in 4 Saturdays on a rota basis.
Week 2 Monday - Friday 09:30 - 18:00
- 23 holidays per year, plus bank holidays.
Required Education, Skills and Qualification
- Previous experience in a customer service environment.
- Ability to work well within a team.
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to communicate at all levels.
We value our employees – and provide:
At eStar we offer following Colleague Benefits;
· Pensions Scheme
· Sick Pay
· Recommend a friend bonus
· Free fruit
· Free tea and coffee
· Cycle to Work Scheme
· Free Parking
· Bonus Scheme & Pay Reviews
· Cinema Ticket Scheme
· New Baby Hamper
· Enhanced Maternity/Paternity Leave
· Compassionate Leave
· Free Eye Tests
· Employee of the Month Recognition
· Charity Volunteer Days
· Long Service Awards
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £23,000.00-£26,000.00 per year
- Additional leave
- Bereavement leave
- Company events
- Company pension
- Enhanced maternity leave
- Enhanced paternity leave
- Free parking
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Referral programme
- Sick pay
- Day shift
- Weekend availability
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus scheme
- relevant motor trade: 1 year (required)
Work Location: In person